DONATE TO KEEP THE TBF RUNNING
Since we do not get any funding from any external source, our donors make up the biggest and most influential part of the Theatre Benevolent Fund. Without these donations we would not be able to survive at all. Thus, we would like to give a big thank you to all our donors, listed above, and to urge supporters of the TBF to also support them in their endeavours.
Should you want to support the TBF, kindly email us. You can also make a direct transaction into our account:
TBF BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS FNB: CURRENT ACCOUNT : 6 202 439 8671 ACCOUNT HOLDER: THEATRE BENEVOLENT FUND (PBO NO : 9300 000 322) FNB BRANCH NO: 250 117 ABSA: SAVINGS ACCOUNT NUMBER: 9305 193 377 ACCOUNT HOLDER: THEATRE BENEVOLENT FUND ( PBO NO : 9300 000 322) If you would like an 18A Tax Deduction Certificate for your donation, contact the TBF.
OUR DREAM FOR THE FUTURE
The TBF’s big dream is to create old age- and care-homes, where members of the Arts and Entertainment Industry would be in a safe and welcoming environment.
HELPING THE TBF
- You can make a monthly contribution by signing a debit order. Remember, it’s 18A – tax deductible.
- Make the TBF your beneficiary on the Woolworths My School/ My Village/ My Planet card- it’s free and can be done in retail shops and online. You could even split your beneficiaries between the TBF and your current one.
- Deposit a once off contribution directly into our bank account. Remember, it’s 18A –tax deductible.
- Donations to Gillian Lindner's bookstore.
- Donations to the Junkie for Charity shop.
- Buy a ticket to the shows that are donated by sympathetic managements and theatres.
- You can donate a show to the TBF by giving us a call or send an e mail to: email@example.com and we'll gladly collaborate with you regarding the arrangements.
- Visit and join our Facebook and Twitter pages to stay informed of upcoming events, make comments and suggestions or trade information with other members in the entertainment industry.
- Donate a percentage of your box office, or proceedings on sales on CDs, DVDs, books, or artworks to the TBF.
- Promote the TBF at your show/ performance/ event/festival and circulate a container through the audience for immediate cash donations. Simply deposit the proceeds in the TBF bank account.
- Help the TBF to spread the word. Talk about the TBF in media interview, at events and performances. You could even send a hat round for cash donations!
- Display the TBF logo and details on your publicity material, a TBF banner and donation boxes at your venue or event – available from the TBF. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organise an event, golf day, fundraising dinner, function, concert , charity auction in aid of the TBF. Contact us at: email@example.com
- If you know of a Perfoming Arts Professional in need within your area – treat them to a plate of food, offer them transport, or simply give them your friendship.
- Artist Agents nationwide annually donate Christmas boxes filled mostly with basic items, and a few luxury items to our permanent beneficiaries. Help them with donations of toiletries, groceries etc.
- The TBF is in urgent need of translators, voice artists and audio studios to write, translate and record TBF information voice overs in all 11 official languages as a voluntary service to the TBF.
- Currently we have an English and Afrikaans version in MP3 format which can be played at theatres performances and events. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At times we are in need of well-known Industry “Faces “ to simply attend a TBF function or event to provide their presence and “Star Power “ as a means of supporting and promoting the TBF.
- At appropriate times the TBF runs a widely publicised SMS campaign however, this method of fundraising is too costly to maintain permanently. SMS TBF to 40770, donate R20 per SMS.